NORTH YORK ASTROS PROFESSIONAL SOCCER CLUB
Position: Game Day Operations Intern
Game Day Operations Intern
Full-time, Unpaid Internship, 3-4 month term
Interested in creating a great fan experience? Do you like to be part of the game day action? The North York Astros Soccer Club wants you!
The North York Astros Soccer Club is one of the founding members of the Canadian Soccer League, which is the largest domestic soccer league in Canada. The Astros were founded in 1990, and have had many successes over the years. The North York Astros are also affiliated with The Downsview Football Club which celebrates its first season this past year.
The North York Astros and The Downsview Football Club are rapidly growing clubs, and are seeking sport enthusiasts, with a passion for learning various areas of the business. The Game Day Operations Intern will be responsible for generating leads, contacting and developing relationships with various groups, creating events, and generating revenue through ticket sales/registrations for both The North York Astros and The Downsview Football Club. This position will be reporting to the Executive Director. Job responsibilities will vary, and will give opportunity to learn the areas listed below, as well as other areas of the business.
• Generate leads for game day activations
• Contact leads, create and maintain participant relationships
• Book and manage game day volunteers
• Assist with Downsview Football Club registration, scheduling, and game days
• Set-up, plan and attend proposal meetings with interested activation groups
• Research, brainstorm, and execute data collecting contests and giveaways
• Research, plan, and execute communication expansion plans
• Work to gain a comprehensive understanding of the target audience/prospects for the business
• Assist in the planning and execution of game day operations including but not limited to special events & field setup, ticket operations, on-field entertainment, program distribution
• Positive and outgoing attitude
• Superior work ethic, professional
• Strong phone, written and verbal communication skills
• Background/Schooling in Marketing, Communication, Sport Management, Business or other related discipline
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work as a team, as well as independently
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments, creative and flexible
• Familiarity with social networking sites
• Knowledge of soccer considered an asset
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: Unpaid internship with opportunity for commisions
Type of Position:
Full Time – Intern / co-op
North York Astros Professional Soccer Club
37 Kodiak Cres., Unit 6
Toronto , ON, Canada
Tel. 647 499 5445